Memories of VOE Class with Mrs. Clark

Any good stories from dear old Rule you care to share ?

Moderator: GinaGaller1978

Memories of VOE Class with Mrs. Clark

Postby GinaGaller1978 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:43 pm

One of my fondest memories of Rule was being in VOE with Mrs. Clark. She and her husband had a lot of acreage and at Christmas time they invited the VOE class to their home. We would go out as a group and walk their land, agree on a tree, and chop it down! She would always have hot chocolate for us and all kinds of goodies to eat.

Speaking of Mrs. Clark, please continue to keep her in your prayers. Her family is still in need of volunteers to sit with Mrs. Clark at the nursing home. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact me.

Gina Galler Everett
Class of 78
GinaGaller1978
Site Admin

Re: Memories of VOE Class with Mrs. Clark

Postby Sheila » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:16 am

Gina:

I also have fond memories of VOE class. Mrs. Clark was a special teacher who cared about her students learning. She was the reason that many doors were open for a lot of us to have successful careers. For every promotion I received and every step I climbed up the ladder, I quietly thanked her for that. But, I have to take my hat off to you and your sister for what you did for her during her last few years. I thought about her over the years but never personally thanked her and I wished I had. But for some reason, I think she knew her students really appreciated what she did for us. Kudos to you though--you are a good person!
Sheila (Black) Hilton '71
Sheila

Memories of Class with Mrs. Clark

Postby ceroop » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:46 pm

I had Typing in her class. I was one on the first boys to get into typing and to this day I remember how to type. Me and my brother ran around with her son "Dicky" and was at their home many a times. Cannot understand how anyone could have hurt her. There were three boys in the class with me and she was always telling us to behave that the girls had to make a living from the typing she was teaching.
Charles Roop 1960
ceroop

Return to "Golden Memories"

• VISITORS