Ray Bearden(From Edith)

Information on illness of fellow Rulers

Moderators: Bill Burchfield '59, GinaGaller1978

Ray Bearden(From Edith)

Postby Bob » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:08 pm

A quick note to let everyone know what is going on. Since Ray's second major stroke (August 27, 2006), we have been going through some very rough times. St. Mary's would not move him to their Rehab floor in the hospital until he had gone somewhere else to gain his strength, soooo, we have been at Hillcrest North for a month. Without going into a lot of details, we are waiting on the VA Rehab in Murfreesboro to let us know something; they say Monday, but you know how the government gets in a hurry. Please pray that everything works out and they accept him to go for therapy at the VA hospital in Murfreesboro. I feel that the more prays going out will give us the answer we will need. I am also going with him and for now I don't know where I will stay, but the Lord will provide as he has all along.

Pray for Ray to have strength with being away from the family, grandchildren and friends. He is having a especially hard time right now, his poodle of 23 years was killed by the dog next door. The dog was chained up and in his own space and Benji wondered over there before anyone could catch him. I wasn't here and Tiffanie took him out and the next thing she knew was the dog had Benji in his mouth. She yelled to drop him, he did, and then to sit and he did. Tiffanie grabbed him up, with wet hair, kids with no shoes and only their underwear on and ran to the nearest Vet. She said she didn't know how they even could understand her, she was so hysterical (spelling), but the Vet said he had no heart beat and his back was broken. Hopefully he didn't suffer and also pray for Tiffanie, she is having a rough time with this. The neighbors feel awful and have now moved the dog inside the fenced area, so he can't get to animals or people in the future.

When we find out what we are going to be doing, I will email everyone with the info.

Love U
Edith
Bob Grant '65, your friendly site administrator
Bob
Site Admin

Return to Illnesses

• VISITORS