November Beaumont church reunion

Notifications, meetings, etc.

Moderators: Bill Burchfield '59, GinaGaller1978

November Beaumont church reunion

Postby Bob » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:39 pm

(for Don Morrell)
Beaumont Church Reunion on Sunday, November 9.
Refreshments will be served at 10:30 and the program will begin at 11:00. The guest speakers will be D.M. Miller, Gene Akers and Charles (Digger) O'Dell.
Bob Grant '65, your friendly site administrator
Bob
Site Admin

Re: November Beaumont church reunion

Postby slee » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:49 pm

I should be able to be there but I never went to church there. I did go to Beaumont and Rule
the hole time I was in school. It would be great to see D.M. Miller again, I talk to him some on
the phone just to check on his health. Who is Digger O'dell I know that name but can't place it
Sam Lee

Sammy Lee 1970
slee
Very Active Member

Postby Susie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:28 pm

RHS Day at Beaumont Church on Noverber 9 2008 was a big success with a large turn out. It was so great to see old friends, some I had not seen since leaving Rule. I want to thank all the Beaumont members who worked so hard on getting this Day together for all of us,they plan on making this an annaul event, so keep your eye on the RHS website for next years date.

After the program some of us went to Ramsy's for lunch and the pictures from lunch are posted on the main menu under miscellanous. We were lucky enough to have DM join us for lunch, so you can imagine the long ago stories that were told that afternoon. It was a great day hope to see more of you there next year.

Susie Human Deford
Brenda Human DeFord
Susie

Postby slee » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:13 am

I knew I would forget the reunion :( . I sure did want to come but a friend
call and wanted to go hunting :? Was D.M. there I enjoy talking to him different times in the
pass years.Well maybe next year
SAM

Sammy Lee 1970
slee
Very Active Member

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:39 am

The service at Beaumont Ave.Church on Sunday November 9,was wonderful. Although I didn't know a lot of the people there,(they are older than me) HA HA. Seriously, the service was so very well done, the refreshments and social time was great. I absolutely howled at Gene Akers talking aboout his football days and his uniform. I think those hard times helped to make the Rule grads. the kind of people they are today. D.M. Miller didn't remember my face, but quickly told me he remembered my voice. I'll leave that to your own conclusions. He looks just the same as high school. Please let me know your secret. I really enjoyed his talk about years at Rule. The music was very nice, and Digger O'Dell was well Digger O'Dell.Thank you to all who had a part in doing this,hopefully more of the class of 63 will be there next year. It was great!

Nancy Hood Turner

I accidentally deleted this post and I appologize to Nancy.
Bob Grant '65, your friendly site administrator
Bob
Site Admin

Return to Information for ALL

• VISITORS