ALERT - IMPORTANT INFO

Notifications, meetings, etc.

Moderators: Bill Burchfield '59, GinaGaller1978

ALERT - IMPORTANT INFO

Postby Bob » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:12 pm

From Betty Rader:

I am sending this to every email address I have on file. some are incorrect I am sure.

As most of you know Mary Halsey(author of Rule book) now lives in Atlanta but she still keeps up with the Knox County Schools Museum, in the old Knoxville High building. She thinks someone from Rule needs to be on the museum bord of directors, since Ronnie Allen died. He was on the board.
Vennie Vuuren and a friend got the museum started. Vennie is at the museum Wednesday, 3 to 6 pm and Friday 2 to 5 pm. She has told Mary that some young
people (not Rule people) are trying to get rid of her because she is old ( 89). They have been trying to take things from there. Mary is worried that this is not good, that the stuff will be lost. Nothing is suppose to be taken, only looked at read, copied etc
there. The Rule things and any school stuff are on an upper floor. Rule's Trophies and hall pictures are in room 105. This room is locked and you must find the security guard/janitor to get in there.
Mary was there every week when she was here. She was hoping that a Rule person would go over there every week or so, at least once a month to see if everything is OK. This would be volunteer.
I think since Mary has been so good to look after Rule things, we should do this.
Betty Rader
Bob Grant '65, your friendly site administrator
Bob
Site Admin

Return to Information for ALL

• VISITORS