How Do We Get Out The Word For This Site

Notifications, meetings, etc.

Moderators: Bill Burchfield '59, GinaGaller1978

How Do We Get Out The Word For This Site

Postby John Weaver » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:04 am

This is a very good site for Rule and seems like there is very little use or maybe most dont realize its here==Was wondering what we could do to get out the word for this site.

John Weaver
John Weaver '62
John Weaver

Postby Bob » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:23 pm

Your guess is as good as mine. I've tried to get everyone I can contact to use it. Grad classes from 1939 thru 1991 and I only have about 150 email addresses. Probably doesn't represent a tenth of the total grads. A few have tried to talk it up but as you can see we only have a hundred or so even register. So I have run out of ideas.
My hosting service is paid up thru September this year and I can't see continuing paying it if no one is going to use it. I guess we'll see.
Bob Grant '65, your friendly site administrator
Bob
Site Admin

Site

Postby John Weaver » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:51 pm

Maybe now that the ones that reads these messages will see maybe we want have the site after September and will get out the word.

John
John Weaver '62
John Weaver

Rule High Website

Postby GinaGaller1978 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:15 pm

This is an awesome website and I've told everyone I know about it. Thanks to Bob for all of his hard work in maintaining this site! When we have our 30 year reunion in July I plan to pass out information about the site to those who haven't heard about it.
Gina Galler Everett '78
GinaGaller1978
Site Admin

Postby John Weaver » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:59 pm

Gina
That to me is a good idea and was wondering since the site has some of the emails to send out one and ask them to just sign on leave a reply or start another discussion.

John Weaver
John Weaver '62
John Weaver

Any ideas on a better way to direct others to this sight???

Postby sheriewilcox » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:39 am

Hi,
When I use a text string or KeyWord search for "Rule High" or "Rule High School", this website is not one of the top searchs. However, if I use the keyword "rulehigh" I get this sight as one of the first options. Is there any way to direct those who are using "Rule High" or "Rule High Shcool" to this sight? I think that if we work together, this could be the most effective sight we have. Ideas??? Suggestions??
thanks,
Sherie
Sherie Wilcox (now Dr. Sherie Owens)
Rule High School 1975-1978
Beardsley Jr. High
Now live in Georgia

I have two children, ages 10 and 11 and I am VERY proud of them!
sheriewilcox

Postby John Weaver » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:37 am

Bob
That is a very good idea. Can you set up to where google will go to Rule High at the very beginning.

John
John Weaver '62
John Weaver

Can we Help??

Postby sheriewilcox » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi,
Is there a way to help with the cost? I am more than willing.
Sherie

quote="Bob"]Your guess is as good as mine. I've tried to get everyone I can contact to use it. Grad classes from 1939 thru 1991 and I only have about 150 email addresses. Probably doesn't represent a tenth of the total grads. A few have tried to talk it up but as you can see we only have a hundred or so even register. So I have run out of ideas.
My hosting service is paid up thru September this year and I can't see continuing paying it if no one is going to use it. I guess we'll see.[/quote]
sheriewilcox

Return to Information for ALL

• VISITORS