1966 RHS Reunion - 2nd Day

Contacts: Brenda Human DeFord, Carol Cockrum Mitchell

1966 RHS Reunion - 2nd Day

Postby carolmitch » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:40 pm

The next day, after the main RHS Reunion dinner, the Reunion Committee planned a Baked Potato and Salad luncheon, on Sunday, August 27, 2006, just for the ladies who graduated from our class. A picture of those that were able to attend should be posted in the reunions section soon. The ladies had such a good time that they decided to meet for a '66 graduates dinner on a bimonthly basis. The first one is planned for Thursday, September 21 at 6:30 p.m. at Louis' Restaurant, 4661 Old Broadway St, Knoxville, TN. I'm not 100% sure of the time but will recheck now and revise this post accordingly. Y'all come. Many thanks to Susie Human for the picture of the ladies at the luncheon.
Thanks,
Carolyn Cockrum Mitchell '66
carolmitch

1966 second day - Carol

Postby bestnana » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:13 pm

Carol, if you haven't been, many of Rule alum get together for breakfast at 8:00 ish on the first Monday of each month at Shoney's on Clinton Hwy at Merchants Road. When I'm in town (I live in Georgia) I try to go.

June :)
bestnana

Monday morning breakfasts

Postby carolmitch » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:37 am

Hi June,

No, I was not aware of the 1st Monday of the month breakfast at Shoney's. Thank you for telling me about it. I would love to join you when I am in town too. Is this a certain class from Rule, male as well as female, or any alum? What was your last name at Rule and what year did you graduate?
Thanks,
Carolyn Cockrum Mitchell '66
carolmitch

Shoney's Breakfast

Postby bestnana » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:52 am

The breakfast is something that was started and has continued for about 1-1/2 to 2 years, by Mary Halsey, class of late 40's. They usually have a room full and it is for any alumni. I think the last time I went, we even had a girl with her mom and the girl was from a class in the late 80's. You may not recognize any of them and again you may, but I have an album on www.picturetrail.com/bestnana1 called classmates. Just go to this link and you'll see the album. It is the only one that I have password protected and that password is classmates. I was June Thomas and graduated in 1957. My sister, Judy, graduated in '62. We were both majorettes. Where do you live, Carol? Mary Halsey has also written a book about Rule, very good book, chock full of all kinds of info. If you would like her address and/or telephone number, email me a cooperjb at bellsouth.net and I'll give it to you. I'm going to the breakfast Monday the 5th. I live in McDonough, GA. :)
bestnana

Return to 1966 Reunions

• VISITORS