1970 Reunion

1970 Reunion

Postby Mlwilson2 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Dear Seniors, Here's a copy of the original letter I sent out in Jan. Hope you are making plans to come.I am trying to finalize plans but I need your reservations in .
Boy, does the word Seniors take on a whole new meaning! Can you believe its been 40 years !Fourty years ago we thought we were on top of the world and king of the mountain! We had finally gotten through 12 years of school and ready to concour the world. What a difference 40 years make.
Well, so much for that..........
I am getting things ready for our 40th reunion and would like to inivite all of our Seniors to a wonderful evening . It will be fun to see all of you and hope you all can make it. We will be having it at the Knoxville Convention Center June 5th 2010. We will be having a buffet dinner, music by Dixie Sound so we can all get up and dance the evening away , just like we used to when we went to our Dance's at school. To some great oldie but goodie music. Be sure to take extra dose of Ibuprofen before you come so your body can move to the music better. There will be some freely available if you forget. Ha,Ha just joking!
There will be a cash bar available. Pictures and a video on CD will be available for sale so if you want one get your order in while there.
The Hotel next door Holiday Inn downtown has graciously given us a room discount. All you have to do is call Holiday Inn : 865-522-2800 and tell them you are from Rule High 1970 Reunion and they can set you up. Also if you don't want to stay @ that hotel The Ramada @ 7737 Kingston Pike across from West Town Mall has some rooms set aside as well and their # is 865-690-0034. Again make mention it is for the Rule High 1970 reunion group.
The cost for the evening is 45.00 per person. Dress is casual.Call soon to make your reservations if you are interested in staying over @ the hotel. Please send the bottom portion of this letter back with re-admittance to Rule High Class of 1970 . If you want to bring another person who was also a Rule high classmate from any other year , feel free to do so.But I need to get a response as soon as possible to make sure we have enough space & food for all. The finals have to be made by May 1st and paid for in advance.
If you have anyone who wants any info please let them have my e-mail address :Mlw6452@aol.com or they can call me @ 865-966-2817. I will have things posted on Classmates.com & Rulehigh.com.
Sincerley,

Margaret Turner Wilson
10900 Concord Woods Drive
Knoxville,Tenn.37934

Make checks to Rule High Reunion 1970: ___________________________________________________________________________________________tear off and enclose with re-admittance:

Name:_______________________________________Guest:___________________________
Address:_____________________________________
City,St.Zip:___________________________________
No. in Party __________________________________
Amount enclosed: ____________________________
Margaret Turner Wilson 1970
Mlwilson2

Re: 1970 Reunion

Postby slee » Thu May 13, 2010 3:52 pm

can't understand why margaret has to keep posting this on here. you true rule hi school graduate better hurry
and send your money in if you want a reunion. we might have to postpone this reunion but i tell right now i better not hear any more crap about a reunion. i met a few at the breakfast and you all was up for the reunion but something seem to happen. old pretty boy that fly planes and i think he on the fire department do you need a little money foryour ticket. if not send your money in and if you have a problem of my remark. we can settle it anytime you want to. this is worrying margaret( a girl i didn't even know in school) to death try to set this reunion up. margaret i'm sorry we have people said they was comeing but can't get the money in on time.
Sammy Lee 1970
slee
Very Active Member

Return to 1970 Reunions

• VISITORS