A Important Call

Anything Sports Related

Moderator: Bill Burchfield '59

A Important Call

Postby genephillips » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:04 am

Danny: I played football at Rule 1968 and 1969. I graduated in 1970. I well remember one time down in the Bears Den where we dressed out for football practice. Coach Bill Barbish received a call from Coach Vince Lobarti of the Green Bay Packers on a special defense to run that he had thought up. I was really impressed with that call. Coach Barbish was the best. Sincerely, Gene Phillips 1970 Rule Graduate
Gene Phillips 1970
genephillips

Re: A Important Call

Postby slee » Sun May 01, 2011 9:01 am

hey gene , sam lee here i remember your name but couldn't find you in my class pictures. we had a 40 year reunion last june wish you was there or didn't nobody call you. send me your address and i'll put you on the list for our next reunion
Sammy Lee 1970
slee
Very Active Member

Postby genephillips » Wed May 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Sammie: Thank you for the reply. Yes I sure would like to be at the 40 reunion. I am sorry for the late reply and I appreciate you letting me know about it. I am fixing to retire in June after 38 years in law enforcement in Nashville Tenn. I work at the TBI Forensic Services and I am really tired and ready go. I put my time in and paid my dues in fighting crime. My address is 1268 Hicks Edgen Rd. Pleasant View, Tn. 37146. I was sad to here about Baldy Tucker. Do you remember my brother Grady Phillips a 1969 Rule graduate. He died back in 2005. I really miss my Rule high friends and can't wait for the reunion. Your former Rule friend, Gene Phillips
Gene Phillips 1970
genephillips

Postby slee » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:15 am

hey gene, 69 class is giving a 60 year birthday party this coming saturday at buddy bar-bq on kingston pike. if your in town you should come, i know everybody would be glad to see you. i'll be in jamestown ,tn on a hunting trip with my granddaughter
Sammy Lee 1970
slee
Very Active Member

Postby genephillips » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:52 am

Sammie: Thanks. You are good about letting me know. We will get together sometime. I got this message to late. Fixing to retire. 9 work days to go. After 38 years on the job I am worn out. I need to check my messages more often. Learning how this webb site works. Talk to you later. Sad about Debbie Thomas passing. Your friend, Gene Phillips
Gene Phillips 1970
genephillips

Return to Rule Sports

• VISITORS